Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: What did you do to your Bolt today?  (Read 513773 times)

Offline Pirate

Re: What did you do to your Bolt today?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 05:03:56 pm »
Today I decided to try and mock up my exhaust.  I'm not going to get back to it for a week or so.  so far  I got the flanges and some pipe cut.  the front flange is slightly smaller than the rear oddly enough.  this is what I have so far.  it is going to be a 2 to 1 exhaust.  the collector is going to be in a similar place as factory

Offline Zaxeiler

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:25 pm »
Today I decided to try and mock up my exhaust.  I'm not going to get back to it for a week or so.  so far  I got the flanges and some pipe cut.  the front flange is slightly smaller than the rear oddly enough.  this is what I have so far.  it is going to be a 2 to 1 exhaust.  the collector is going to be in a similar place as factory

Nice!  Pirate you might be the first to do some real work!  Congrats!  Looks nice.  Will you wrap them or put stock guards back on?  How are you planning to change the sound?

Offline Pirate

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 06:36:29 pm »

Nice!  Pirate you might be the first to do some real work!  Congrats!  Looks nice.  Will you wrap them or put stock guards back on?  How are you planning to change the sound?

The exhaust can is baffled and should have a nice low toned rumble

• Advertisement

Online ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 07:05:59 pm »
Looks good - what kind of finish you putting on it? Chrome, ceramicoat, or high temp paint, or just leaving it bare?
NOBODY hates winter more than a Canadian Biker!

Offline Pirate

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:10 pm »
Looks good - what kind of finish you putting on it? Chrome, ceramicoat, or high temp paint, or just leaving it bare?

It is stainless steel, so it will be bare  ;D

Online ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 12:11:55 am »
Good choice!

Offline Ace

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 08:42:11 pm »
You may need to create a "How To" thread in the mods section!

When I replied to this thread originally I thought to myself I usually create a "How-to" section...finally double-checked and there is one....just nothing in it yet.

https://www.yamahastarbolt.com/how-to's/

Offline wakx

Offline Mr Monte

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 03:03:08 am »
Wife's hair dryer made easy work on removing tank warning sticker & Yamaha sticker on rear fender. Also form fitted a chrome ring to go around the gas cap.  Hope to have it installed this week & I'm going to do  some triming on the rear tag area.  Been working 14hrs/day since buying the Bolt 3 days ago so not much time to play...

Offline Zaxeiler

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49:17 am »
Wife's hair dryer made easy work on removing tank warning sticker & Yamaha sticker on rear fender. Also form fitted a chrome ring to go around the gas cap.  Hope to have it installed this week & I'm going to do  some triming on the rear tag area.  Been working 14hrs/day since buying the Bolt 3 days ago so not much time to play...

Awesome!  When you finish please post pics.

Offline Pirate

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 11:56:27 am »

[/quote]

Awesome!  When you finish please post pics.
[/quote]

Duh!  ;D

Offline Mouse

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »
Anyone tried fitting reverse mirrors (like these: http://www.cycleworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Harley-Davidson-883-Iron-Special-Edition-Studio-MINI-FAIRING-DRAG-BAR-REVERSE-MIRRORS.jpg) on their Bolt yet?

Look like you could just take the stock mirrors, swap sides and bolt them back on upside down?
I don't care that I'm acting childish. I'm an adult; I can do what I want!

Offline Pirate

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 01:53:19 pm »
Anyone tried fitting reverse mirrors (like these: http://www.cycleworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Harley-Davidson-883-Iron-Special-Edition-Studio-MINI-FAIRING-DRAG-BAR-REVERSE-MIRRORS.jpg) on their Bolt yet?

Look like you could just take the stock mirrors, swap sides and bolt them back on upside down?

that is easy to do with a Harley as the mirrors dont thread into the perch.  Yamaha's perches are different and you can't just swap them around.  maybe the closest thing you can do is get some bar-end mirrors or some universal ones that clamp to the handlebar

Offline Mr Monte

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:42 pm »
Installed a chrome ring around gas cap & painted the Star on the air intake cover.

Before:

After:

Online ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 01:06:23 am »
I LIKE the touch-up on the air cleaner!