Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: What did you do to your Bolt today?  (Read 513759 times)

Offline Poptop22

Re: What did you do to your Bolt today?
« Reply #3300 on: September 04, 2021, 08:54:00 pm »
Installed the VooDoo cafe exhaust from ebay...sounds awsome, just waiting on the pipe wrap to be delivered.🤘

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Offline Sattes

« Reply #3301 on: September 05, 2021, 09:24:48 pm »
Got my black tip installed.  Just got to bake the shine off.

Offline Sattes

« Reply #3302 on: October 19, 2021, 05:16:50 am »
Got my intake installed.  What a difference an intake makes.  My rpms run out longer and smoother.  5th gear feels way better.  Bike is quieter and doesn't pop constantly.  Throttle is less choppy.  I wish I had done it sooner.  Very Happy.

• Advertisement

Offline Sattes

« Reply #3303 on: November 13, 2021, 09:43:46 pm »
Final piece saddleman step up.

Offline G3yost

« Reply #3304 on: November 13, 2021, 10:28:46 pm »
How do you have your license plate setup? It looks super slick and tighter to the bike than all the axel mounts.

Offline Sattes

« Reply #3305 on: November 14, 2021, 01:04:48 pm »
How do you have your license plate setup? It looks super slick and tighter to the bike than all the axel mounts.

I used 1/8 aluminum and fabbed up a bracket for the plate.  Bought a clamp on ebay, I forget the mm for the shock reservoir. Also bought matching hardware from ace to match the yamaha hardware.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:40:53 pm by Sattes »

Offline Sattes

« Reply #3306 on: November 14, 2021, 01:05:26 pm »

I used 1/8 aluminum and fabbed up a bracket for the plate.  Bought a clamp on ebay, I for get the mm for the shock reservoir. Also bought matching hardware from ace to match the yamaha hardware.

Offline Tsza

« Reply #3307 on: December 27, 2021, 10:10:29 pm »
Installed a Daytona fender eliminator from Webike Japan.

Offline G3yost

« Reply #3308 on: February 04, 2022, 01:55:05 am »
Plenty has been done over the last few weekends, but condensing it down now.

Installed bar end mirrors AND blinkers on my C-Spec, which was... substantially harder than it should have been. But with some finagling, frustration, pipe, and determination I have installed them.

The TC Bros shock mount plate (Sorry Sattes the $40 for the pre made parts was just much simpler than doing the fab work) with led lights.

Bullet 1000 rear lighting, not in the final form but close enough for posting.

Finally the VooDoo café exhaust and a bit of spark arrester mesh sandwiched between the header pipe and the reducer ring.

I'm still waiting on some blinker mounts so I can go fender to fender-less (turnbuckle method) in ~10 minutes, and a custom sticker to cover up the hole from the stock tail light.

As well do any C-Spec owners know how to take the wire boot guard off? with the stock exhaust it made sense for the control shift, but the lower profile of the VooDoo makes it look very out of place. I tried using an Allen key to take the bolt out, and giving it some heat to defeat any Loctite that might be on the threads, but boy oh boy is that thing in there. Something strange is that I can't even find the part in the assembly drawings. The "Stand Footrest" diagram is the one I would think should have it since it has the pegs, peg assemblies, hole where the part mounts, but no wire or bolt to be found.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 02:05:37 am by G3yost »

Offline Yaman

« Reply #3309 on: August 10, 2022, 03:54:39 pm »
Made some mini floorboards and straighten the gear shifter and brake pedal .

Offline F04TY

« Reply #3310 on: August 10, 2022, 11:27:33 pm »
Don't have pics but I did a horrific job trying to remove the quiet baffles from my V&H exhaust. They're still half hanging out because I couldn't finish the job by hand haha. I'll try again and hopefully finish it today.

Offline boltbiker

« Reply #3311 on: August 11, 2022, 09:08:13 am »
I removed the stock bags and relocated the indicators (they were on an extension arm cause of the bags) because I want to go towards a bobber look.

In the process I somehow managed to mess up my speedometer :(  It won't indicate more than 54kms somehow and Im not sure the trip meter is accurate. The trip meter was reset anyway. Only plus is that total kms driven have gone from 29k to 18k  ;D 
I'll make a separate topic for this.

* never mind think it has just switched to miles from some reason  ;D

the rear bolts that hold the fender in place are hitting the tire when I hit a bump without the luggage racks  :'(  some small chips in the tire already. Have to find new ones or cut them shorter..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:38:14 am by boltbiker »

Offline VIKEN

« Reply #3312 on: August 19, 2022, 02:15:40 am »
swapped out to a longer set of forks for 3 things: 1) no more death wobble, 2) use up as much tire width as I possibly can, 3) no more peg scrapin  ;D

3 birds, 1 stone? PETAs gonna hate me

Offline E

« Reply #3313 on: August 24, 2022, 01:02:41 pm »
"That's like killing a Mockingbird" , said Scout (girl in Harper' book)
time to paint those Fenders to match gas tank - Princely PURPLE Passion ?
i painted my heat shields along exhaust , tail pipe ring at back , YAMAHA cover and left side gearbox cover RED to match rest of my BOLT
E - 1st John 4:10

Offline E

« Reply #3314 on: August 24, 2022, 01:12:22 pm »
Plenty has been done over the last few weekends, but condensing it down now.
I'm still waiting on some blinker mounts so I can go fender to fender-less (turnbuckle method) in ~10 minutes, and a custom sticker to cover up the hole from the stock tail light.
-- my 2 cent opinion , paint the rear fender SILVER to match Front Fender and Tank
i like those blinkers, etc
i bought 2 Decals / Stickers - placed one on each side of TANK .... can buy in One Size smaller n One Size larger than shown on my TANK
Peweter Color - the FLASH Photo makes my BOLT decal look White
White Area on DECAL is actually CLEAR , so my RED Paint shows thru :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:15:47 pm by E »
E - 1st John 4:10