Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: Rear Yamaha 1100 seat as an option for Bolt  (Read 3068 times)

Offline RudeBoltin

Rear Yamaha 1100 seat as an option for Bolt
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:49:14 am »
Fellow rider of mine put Mustang seats on his Yamaha 1100, so I borrowed his back seat until I get a new set. Looking at this and the Mustang seats makes me wonder if a person could use the rear Mustang with the stock front Bolt seat.

My wife says this is more comfortable for her. I have noticed that the back of the front seat is slightly pushed forward, not enough to bother me put just enough to notice.

I had to make new brackets for the seat and add some rubber pieces to the fender for extra support. Luckily the tabs on the 1100 seat all bolt on, so I just took the old ones off and fabbed up some new ones. Took almost as long for the paint to dry as it did to bend them up. Hopefully the pics will tell the story if not ask away.

Underside of 1100 seat with new brackets.

Said rubber pieces, I just used some old mud flap material. The two rear most are about 3/8" and the one towards the front is a fat 1/2" or so. I just laid the seat on fender and looked under to see where and how thick they need to be. The rubber pieces are set so that the rubber tabs on underside of seat will line up with each other.

Be safe and Bolt on.

Offline RudeBoltin

Re: Rear Yamaha 1100 seat as an option for Bolt
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:56:04 am »
I had to really cram the front seat under the back one to finish install but it all worked out. Liberal amounts of soapy water and then you get to play the Karate Kid and give it several chops to get it into place.

In this side view, you can see that it is tight but it worked out.

From this view you can see that the two seats match pretty good.

As a side note I originally didn't think I would like the studs on the side of the seat, but they are growing on me.
Be safe and Bolt on.

Offline Normru45

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:00:24 am »
Nice job,  looks way more ccomfortable than the bolt seat.

• Advertisement

Offline chines

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:58:32 am »
looks comfy!!

Offline EASTMAFM

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 11:49:10 am »
Looks amazing, wish I could give you my bike for a weekend to do the same thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline RudeBoltin

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 03:52:58 pm »
Well depending on where you live something might be able to be arranged.
I'd be more than happy to help if I can.
Be safe and Bolt on.

Offline Bronxpicman

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 04:29:07 pm »
Fellow rider of mine put Mustang seats on his Yamaha 1100, so I borrowed his back seat until I get a new set. Looking at this and the Mustang seats makes me wonder if a person could use the rear Mustang with the stock front Bolt seat.

My wife says this is more comfortable for her. I have noticed that the back of the front seat is slightly pushed forward, not enough to bother me put just enough to notice.

I had to make new brackets for the seat and add some rubber pieces to the fender for extra support. Luckily the tabs on the 1100 seat all bolt on, so I just took the old ones off and fabbed up some new ones. Took almost as long for the paint to dry as it did to bend them up. Hopefully the pics will tell the story if not ask away.

Said rubber pieces, I just used some old mud flap material. The two rear most are about 3/8" and the one towards the front is a fat 1/2" or so. I just laid the seat on fender and looked under to see where and how thick they need to be. The rubber pieces are set so that the rubber tabs on underside of seat will line up with each other.

Sorry, just to clarify here something...
Do You modify the stock rear seat of 1100 or it is a Mustang rear seat  of 1100?
Thank You

Offline RudeBoltin

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 01:17:11 am »

Sorry, just to clarify here something...
Do You modify the stock rear seat of 1100 or it is a Mustang rear seat  of 1100?
Thank You

This was done to a stock 1100 rear seat.
Be safe and Bolt on.

Offline Sattes

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 11:22:26 pm »
Now that is cool.