Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: Oil light  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Superbolt0714

Oil light
« on: January 10, 2020, 07:48:58 am »
Hello everyone! Does anyone have an idea why my oil light comes on after I changed my oil? I checked the level and it seems like I am over the “line”, did I put too much or should I add more oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Crilly Wizard

Re: Oil light
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:01:23 am »
There is at least one older thread with the same issue. This happened to me after previous changes, with correct levels. I blamed it on oil frothing around the level sensor and changed the following change to fully synthetic which froths less. Problem never recurred.

Offline E

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 11:49:18 am »
Hello everyone! Does anyone have an idea why my oil light comes on after I changed my oil? I checked the level and it seems like I am over the “line”, did I put too much or should I add more oil?
(1) i did my first oil change - 1 gallon (4 quarts) and 60% of a single Quart was poured in (i did change oil filter too)
(1a) mine is over the line on dipstick, ugh , to much oil (one solution, drain plug.... then re-add oil, couple tablespoons at a time - ugh
(2) KOSO replacement speedo-tack o meter does have Oil LIGHT flicker on a few times until BOLT warms up (this is stated on another Thread, where 4 or more BOLT owners have had the same issue - sensitive KOSO oil feature, thankfully my light stops coming on after couple minutes
E - 1st John 4:10

• Advertisement

Offline Sattes

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 11:56:36 am »
It says in the manual.  Under hard acceleration and hard deceleration the oil light might come on and it is normal.  The computer recognizes the situation and will turn light off once things stabilize.   If your oil light stays flashing then you have a problem.