Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: The origin of your fourm name and/or avatar  (Read 11966 times)

Offline RHooker78

Re: The origin of your fourm name and/or avatar
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 11:07:23 am »
Being named Rich Hooker I really have no need to come up with anything creative... But I decided to add the 78 since I'm a 78 model myself. I chose my avatar because I am hauntingly gorgeous. (My humility is my best quality however.)  ;D
I see that you shaved. I'm sorry the weight of manhood was too much for you.

Offline steveo

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 11:10:07 am »
Since my last name seems challenging for most to pronounce correctly, I go by Steveo. For the past several years I work with 3 other Steve's, Steve p, Steve G, Steve S, so the first letter of the last name helps to eliminate some confusion amongst the company.

Back in W.Va I was addressed for the most by my last name by friends.
Family, girlfriends and children called me Stevie. To this day back in W.Va I still can't seem to shake that name even 30 years later as a grown ass man and moved to another state ta boot :D

Now up here in Ny, forget about it. I find it much easier and a time saver to go with Steveo.

As for my avatars "last one a bit racy.... ;D"  I'm diggin my current avatar, but ya never know if or when it may change................................
#10  acquired Aug. 2013
2014 Yamaha Bolt (white)

Offline Torqued Bolt

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 12:52:34 pm »
I wanted some sort of "Bolt" name when I registered. Torqued in reference to actual torque like V-Twins make. Not a reference to anger or drinking. Yes. I looked it up on Urban Dictionary before I used the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are.

• Advertisement

Offline brijoha

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »
What kind of last name do you have Steveo? If you don't mind me asking. Origin-wise.

My screen name is from when I was at my old university. They used the first three letter of your first name, your middle initial, and the first three letters of your last name. I started using it as my screen name on everything because it was almost never used. My avatar is my truck and bolt.

Offline DeadBolt

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:19 pm »
Oz Bolt was already taken, so I went with DelawarePete, for obvious reasons.

LOL! Good one DP!  ;D

As for my forum name, a door lock (deadbolt) was the first thing that came to mind when signing up.

Cheers!
DB

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the avatar Pic...

Yeah... I know, I know... I look a lot like Lord Humungus from MadMax-2 (my almost identical twin) I get that all the time. Frankly I am a little sick of it all, can't a guy just maraud around town in his leather underwear and a 1960's Goaltender mask and not be stared at, sheesh!!  ;) :D ;D

"Rich Hooker"... Bitch'n name dude!!  8)

Cheers,
DB
R-Spec, Matte Grey (MadMax)

Offline steveo

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:06 pm »
What kind of last name do you have Steveo? If you don't mind me asking. Origin-wise.

My screen name is from when I was at my old university. They used the first three letter of your first name, your middle initial, and the first three letters of your last name. I started using it as my screen name on everything because it was almost never used. My avatar is my truck and bolt.

Hungarian..... It's really not hard to pronounce, it's just seems that most see it on my name plate and start taking all kinds of stabs at pronounce it. Most peeps are wrong the first few tries and some never quite get it...........................
#10  acquired Aug. 2013
2014 Yamaha Bolt (white)

Offline NOCBoltR

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »
NOCBolt has two meanings for me.

First, I work night "noc" shift.
Second, I live in North Orange County.

Offline brijoha

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 04:55:27 pm »

Hungarian..... It's really not hard to pronounce, it's just seems that most see it on my name plate and start taking all kinds of stabs at pronounce it. Most peeps are wrong the first few tries and some never quite get it...........................

Ok gotcha. Mine is Irish and people seem to have a lot of trouble pronouncing it as well.

Offline Handsome-Tim

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 12:03:51 am »
On the way to a trackday I told this joke:
What do you call sex with two other people? A threesome
What do you call sex with one other person? A twosome
What do you call sex with yourself? A Handsome.

So thereafter I was called Handsome Tim.

Offline RudeBoltin

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 01:54:01 am »
I now use two forum names, one here for my Bolt and the other on a couple Jeep forums for my 79 CJ5.
If you knew me you would pick my name out easily since my last name is Rude. Yes it sounds just like it looks, so I just added the Boltin to that since that is what we are doing. Sure you all can guess my name on the Jeep sites.
Best part about my last name is I have a license to be Rude, HAHAHA. Plus when people call and they stumble over or butcher my last name then I know that they are telemarketers or such.
My avatar is just a pic of a sweatshirt that I tease my wife about, best part is if she ever saw it in a store she would get it for me in a heartbeat. Just wait til I change it to the next shirt I told her I want.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:56:33 am by RudeBoltin »
Be safe and Bolt on.

Offline Mouse

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »
Great Thread, OZ!

I'm short (perfect) and I Grey is my favorite color. Being the Bolt is quick and gray and small, I thought "Mouse" fit pretty well.
I don't care that I'm acting childish. I'm an adult; I can do what I want!

Offline Oz Bolt

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 05:09:35 pm »
Didn't think mouse had anything to do with your personality....maybe for that tiger might have been more appropriate :)
Good things come to those who wait...greater things happen to those who get off their arse and do something about it.

Offline DelawarePete

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »
After reading through this thread, I realized that I couldn't have been lazier and less creative when choosing my forum name.  I'm feeling a little bit of shame, and "grade-schoolish" in my name choice.  Although I did have a member message me and ask me what Delaware meant.  I chuckled, but realized he was across the pond.
Grow a beard

Offline Alex

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 06:02:02 pm »
After reading through this thread, I realized that I couldn't have been lazier and less creative when choosing my forum name.  I'm feeling a little bit of shame, and "grade-schoolish" in my name choice.  Although I did have a member message me and ask me what Delaware meant.  I chuckled, but realized he was across the pond.

And I'm sitting here just so happy I can finally simply use my firstname on a forum... :P
-Alex
"Stray Hound"

KCCO and ride safe!

Offline ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 09:25:27 pm »
Nothing wrong with being a bit lazy once in a while, Pete! It's a nice change when it happens.

I find that Norm isn't that common a name, but I can still almost never use my name on it's own.....  I think you got lucky, Alex!  Go with it!
NOBODY hates winter more than a Canadian Biker!