Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: The origin of your fourm name and/or avatar  (Read 11968 times)

Offline collins50235

Re: The origin of your fourm name and/or avatar
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 01:26:42 pm »
My name is my last name with the numerical number assigned to me by the Department of Safety, Standards, and Training that certifies all the firemen, cops, corrections officers, parole and probation officers, and 911 dispatchers in the state of Oregon. (How I pay for my bolt.) ;)

As for the current avatar, I found it a while ago but recently I have had a ton of people see my bike and ask what it is or "nice Harley." Guess it finally got under my skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Bolt - Vayne

Offline ITOUTLAW

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 01:36:12 pm »
I do IT work for a living. The owner of my company said that our email signatures had to have something different than IT professional/tech/administrator or whatever (It's a 3 person company including myself) I have tattoos and am not your typical IT type, so I just put I.T. Outlaw as my email signature. Then when coming up with usernames for Xbox, Youtube, Twitter and the like it fit so yup. My avatar is me making a silly face with my English Bulldog, Henry.

Offline Desert Dan

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 02:57:24 pm »
You ought to come to California IT, I think it's illegal to work tech without tats. 8)
Keep the rubber side down and live to smell the roses.

Dan

• Advertisement

Offline buckeye bolt

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 04:36:10 pm »
I live in Ohio and own a bolt. Bet you couldn't guess that could ya.
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever

Offline Bull Winkle

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 07:49:38 pm »
I was a grunt in the Marine Corps, I'm kinda a big guy and my squad called me Bull, my close friends added Winkle

Not what I was thinking...I thought it was something to do with Rocky & Bullwinkle.
well your kinda right, we bag on each other a lot in the Platoon, it started out with bull, some dip shi* newb couldnt remember what it was and called me moose, my buddy said no it's Bull and one of my fireteam leaders put them together, and called me Bull Winkle. Sorta fits, I'm really good natured (mostly). Most of the men in my platoon wouldn't call me Bull Winkle I was the Platoon Sargent 6'1 225lbs way back when. But all the NCO's, and our Lt. couldn't wait to radio me using my call sign Bull Winkle. My Lt. told me relax Bull, some people don't have enough character to rate a nick name. Kinda stuck with me all these years. Damn 1983 was a long time ago.
Your done playing with the pitbull when the pitbull says your done.

Offline BolTron

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 08:35:56 pm »
It's a play on the name of a cartoon in my childhood, Voltron... Since owning a MC is something i've wanted since I was young, and probably more of a last ditch effort of not "growing up", it fits.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:57:42 pm by BolTron »
-Jay-

Offline Oz Bolt

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 09:16:04 pm »
Cos I am !!!!!
Yep, I'm a witness  ;D
Good things come to those who wait...greater things happen to those who get off their arse and do something about it.

Offline Oz Bolt

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 09:18:15 pm »
My avatar is me making a silly face with my English Bulldog, Henry.

I figure you were in IT, now just to be sure, you're the one on the right in the picture?
Good things come to those who wait...greater things happen to those who get off their arse and do something about it.

Offline ITOUTLAW

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 12:18:12 am »

You ought to come to California IT, I think it's illegal to work tech without tats. 8)

Grew up in Ventura :) been in Utah for 17 years now though.

Sent from my brain through space and time

Offline ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 03:36:47 am »
For years I used "Tinker" for my road name with my former bike club (the Canadian Army Veterans MC Units). It was the nickname my parents gave me when I was a kid - because (as Bill Cosby so famously said about Fat Albert) - I was that kid in your neighborhood who knew how to take ANYTHING apart! Fortunately, I was also usually able to put those things back together again, too. (I stripped down, fixed, and completely rebuilt a gas lawnmower with no manual when I was 10 years old - and it ran for another 10 afterwards! ;D). And people still ask why I'm a mechanic.... :P LOL

But our Unit Pres saw a sign in a bar that said "No Tinkers Allowed".... And a few tried to bug me about adding a "Bell" at the end of it..... so I had to change it..... Sooooooo..... 

I drive a Dodge Dakota, and had seen on a TV show a kit to put a '70/'71 'Cuda - style Shaker hood on my truck.  It took a while, but eventually, I did - and even reproduced the "SHAKER" decal and put it on the windshield.....
Also at the time I was still riding my '79 XS-650, and as ANYONE who has ever ridden one will testify - they SHAKE..... Badly! I know guys who have had to weld their license plates to sheet steel to keep them from breaking, and my own daughter refuses to ever ride on it again (I asked her "Don't you like it?"  She told me  "NO - I think I like it TOO much!" :o). 

So I got tagged with the new moniker of "Shaker".......

I've also had several avatars - from the C.A.V. logo, to my portrait done in the style of the Simpsons.... The Librarian from the "Hilarious House of Frightenstein", and my new one - the logo of the Legion Riders - the new section of motorcycle riders of the Royal Canadian Legion - the major veteran's group up here in Canada.
NOBODY hates winter more than a Canadian Biker!

Offline Ablaze

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 11:34:23 am »
Several years ago my friends started calling me Blaze because I loved my blazer and when I had to get rid of it because a 2 door was unrealistic with 2 young ones in car seats I traded it in for a 4 door version.  I didn't consider any other type of vehicle, it had to be a blazer.  When I had to create a new email account every combination I wanted with Blaze was taken.  I added the A and was able to get the account name I wanted Ablaze97.  I have since dropped the 97 though that is still my second favorite number and have been using Ablaze for several years. 
No avatar yet but I'm hoping to take a good pic of my bike today in the hills.  I was thinking with Mount Rushmore but that seems lame because everyone does that so I'll probably take one at Horse thief lake.  I will see what good pictures I get.
Christy

Offline Black Dahlia

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 12:08:08 pm »
The Black Dahlia Murder is a technical death metal band that has always had a special place in my heart.  So calling my black bike black dahlia made sense to me.  My avatar is the cover of Alter of Plagues' final album "Teethed Glory and Injury".  Alter of plagues is an Irish blackmetal band who pushed the genre into the modern era.  Before that it was all Scandinavian church burners and the like...
"Head to foot I was covered in soot.  Village Liquor is calling my name.  Told the Bloods I'm the man from nowhere "

Offline ITOUTLAW

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 02:12:25 pm »
The Black Dahlia Murder is a technical death metal band that has always had a special place in my heart.  So calling my black bike black dahlia made sense to me.  My avatar is the cover of Alter of Plagues' final album "Teethed Glory and Injury".  Alter of plagues is an Irish blackmetal band who pushed the genre into the modern era.  Before that it was all Scandinavian church burners and the like...

Listening to "A Grave Robber's Work" atm. Love The Black Dahlia Murder.

Offline Alex

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 08:35:32 am »
Well its my actual firstname :P Usually always already taken but as I signed up for the forums early it wasn't used already.
And my avatar is my bike!
-Alex
"Stray Hound"

KCCO and ride safe!

Offline Flatline

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 10:48:18 am »
Name I've had on a few forums now, when i was younger on vwVortex, audizine, a Chevy Tahoe forum and now here.
Based on finding out I had a shitty heart after getting the flu really bad so was fitting. In the beginning having an adrenaline rush or head rush used to make me pass out. Damn heart.

Avatar is what I'd like to do to my bike.

Pete
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:50:17 am by Flatline »
14' Raven Black Bolt
Chive On...

343 Never Forget