Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: Hagon Shocks USA  (Read 38390 times)

Offline Tyler1st

Re: Hagon Shocks USA
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »
Got em put on. Way better than stock

B1 and Team,

What is required from me other than the correct torx bit (which is T40?) , and a Simple Lift to get the bike off the ground?
I have read through the thread and would love if someone whom has done this install to share a simple outline of their process. Much appreciated!

-T

Just a 17mm socket. I loosened bolts. Then hack bike up just enough to take weight off of shocks. Took bolts off. Took shocks off. Jacked up a little more to make up for extra shock length. Slid new shocks on. Put bolts back on. Let bike down from jack. Tightened bolts.  Super easy.

Perfect,

Just making sure there wasn't any sneaky little aggravations.

-T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler1st

Offline Tyler1st

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »
Just Called and got the 290mm and loaded at 25kg.

Any updates on the 290mm length and belt tension??

I was about to go for the 280mm and find the happy mid ground from the thread but I do want to gain a solid 1" of height out of this as well the handling and performance.

Thanks guys!
-T
Tyler1st

Offline Pir8

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2017, 07:19:15 am »
Isn't it a t40s? The tamper proof version?

从我的手机。

• Advertisement

Offline lunkhead

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2017, 11:12:54 am »
My Hagons from ebay came with a Torx socket.
C-SPƎC

Offline Connex

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2017, 01:25:03 pm »
Just Called and got the 290mm and loaded at 25kg.

Any updates on the 290mm length and belt tension??

I was about to go for the 280mm and find the happy mid ground from the thread but I do want to gain a solid 1" of height out of this as well the handling and performance.

Thanks guys!
-T

I haven't ran into any issues with my 290s. Love em! You're in for a real treat with your Cspec. I'm looking into purchasing the sportier pegs/bracket for my bike. The Hagon shocks already made a huge difference in lean angle, but I'm curious just how much better they'll be on a bike with the rearsets. Let us know how they work for you once you get them installed

Offline Jgama

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2017, 03:05:43 pm »
Yes the tamper proof one. Anyone going to the tool store needs to know this. The regular one will not work. I'm only on 280 and got an inch easy. The one thing i did not like was the height it added.

Offline ImMrEd

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2017, 05:12:29 pm »
Yes the tamper proof one. Anyone going to the tool store needs to know this. The regular one will not work. I'm only on 280 and got an inch easy. The one thing i did not like was the height it added.

Can't have your cake & eat it. Extra hight equals extra comfort. No easy way around it.
The horse has Bolt'ed!

Offline Jgama

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:27 am »
With ohlins u can, but it's gonna cost you, it's expensive cake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ImMrEd

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2017, 04:26:36 pm »
With ohlins u can, but it's gonna cost you, it's expensive cake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I know I looked in to em before purchasing the Hagon's. They do look neat. From what I've read though, they aren't that much better, considering they cost an extra 1k. It's a lot of money for a small improvement. 

The horse has Bolt'ed
The horse has Bolt'ed!

Offline Jgama

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2017, 12:14:41 am »
Extra 1k??? Sscustoms has them
For $939.  I don't know if they are $700 better lol. If I could sell my hagons to offset the cost I would do it. The hagons are not a huge upgrade over stock, I like them, just being real.

Offline ImMrEd

« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2017, 05:04:18 am »
Extra 1k??? Sscustoms has them
For $939.  I don't know if they are $700 better lol. If I could sell my hagons to offset the cost I would do it. The hagons are not a huge upgrade over stock, I like them, just being real.
Fair enough. Was going off pricing in Australia. Easily an extra 1k here. If money wasn't an issue I would've splurged.

The horse has Bolt'ed
The horse has Bolt'ed!

Offline Jgama

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2017, 02:54:45 pm »
Oh damn! One of the members has put sportster shorty shocks on his and loves them.

Offline Tyler1st

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2017, 01:43:03 pm »

B1 and Team,

What is required from me other than the correct torx bit (which is T40?) , and a Simple Lift to get the bike off the ground?
I have read through the thread and would love if someone whom has done this install to share a simple outline of their process. Much appreciated!

-T

Just a 17mm socket. I loosened bolts. Then hack bike up just enough to take weight off of shocks. Took bolts off. Took shocks off. Jacked up a little more to make up for extra shock length. Slid new shocks on. Put bolts back on. Let bike down from jack. Tightened bolts.  Super easy.

So easy, until I tightend a little to far and ripped the Torx head off the bolt....

PAIN IN THE ASS mistake right here.

-T
Tyler1st

Offline B1-66er

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2017, 06:01:31 pm »

B1 and Team,

-T

So easy, until I tightend a little to far and ripped the Torx head off the bolt....

-T

ouch

Offline ImMrEd

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »

B1 and Team,

-T

-T
Sorry to hear mate. I highly recommend getting a torque wrench & following service manual guidelines for tightening crucial bolts on a bolt.

I checked through the service manual & attached diagram with required details. 

The horse has Bolt'ed!