Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: New Member from Canada 🇨🇦  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Roddy11

New Member from Canada 🇨🇦
« on: November 17, 2021, 09:08:11 pm »
I bought a 2014 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec and love it. I’m a new rider and glad to be part of this group.

Offline srinath

Re: New Member from Canada 🇨🇦
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 06:18:21 am »
Welcome Canadian guy. I think ShakerNorm is also from Canada, and a wealth of knowledge.
Enjoy.
Cool.
Srinath.

Offline E

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 11:32:46 am »
Welcome BIKER - i just finished my 2nd Season of Biking with my 2016 BOLT (few decades ago, i rode 2 Seasons at age 18-19)
couple opinions of mine
(1) Take a driver safety course ($250 usd +/-) afterwards you take the certificate and pass eye exam, pay money, have license
(2)  on highway, 45 curve says ride 50 mph, DO the speed limit, until MORE Comfortable accelerating thru curves
(3) LEAN INTO the Curve - a gradual Left Turn, Push Left Side of handlebars, put the BOLT down on it's side - i mean, THINK LIKE the Professional Racers, LEAN that BOLT ..... One WAY to die, is to APPROACH such a Turn to Fast, Get Scared, Pull Upward in the WRONG Direction .... IF you approach a TURN to FAST.... LEAN FORWARD on handlebars, LEAN - PUSH LEFT Hand Forward
(4) CUSTOMIZE Your BOLT to make it your own (30 minutes to 60 minutes switch out of some STOCK Parts)
- enjoy .......... E (I have 2 winding highways out from my home - 90 degree turns, etc - FUN)
E - 1st John 4:10

• Advertisement

Offline ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 08:37:21 am »
You're right, Srinrath - I'm just north of Calgary. 
Some GREAT rides out here!  Kananaskis and the Mountain Parks are just an hour or so away - Drumheller is an hour in the other direction - Waterton Lakes is a couple hours south... 

Where are you, Roddy?
NOBODY hates winter more than a Canadian Biker!

Offline legion95928

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 09:40:59 am »
Welcome fellow 2014 Bolt rider!!!... I bought mine new and have toyed with buying a different bike... but I just go look at it for a while and erase all thoughts.... Go Flames!
2014 R spec
OEM Fender Eliminator
Cheap-o aftermarket Mirrors
Koso Speedo
Ceramacoated Exhaust Heat Shields
Kuryakyn Hypercharger
Cobra fi2000R EFC
--some flat black spray paint tastefully applied
massive drill bit jammed down the Stock mufflah...AND...
- my stupid Front Fender is on Backwards

Offline ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 08:18:26 pm »
Hey Legion - are you a Calgarian, too?

I'm pretty sure that I have the FIRST Bolt sold in Alberta - and one of the first in Canada - 2014 Serial Number 00035. Unfortunately, it was also one of the last motorcycles sold by Calgary's OLDEST motorcycle dealership before they went out of business - Walt Healey.

Offline Doug

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 08:25:33 am »
I'm also a Canadian Bolt rider. I bought a new black 2020 last summer and love it. My only change was a Koso speedometer.

Offline Bestmengqin

Where is the best place to buy RS 07 gold?
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 01:23:30 am »
For me personally, as long as the transaction is safe and acceptable, the second is the delivery speed. I hope that the faster the better, the prices on the market are the same, and there is not much change.

At present, the RSorder.com site is the most satisfactory website I have encountered so far. I am very satisfied with RS Gold both the service attitude and the delivery speed. The key is that the shopping process is simple, a few steps, and you can receive it within a few minutes. Without delay playing games, it can be said that RSorder's service in the entire industry is first-class. Great!

Offline ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 11:26:45 pm »
Punted....