Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: Loose motion pro throttle cables  (Read 1241 times)

Offline DeftCursor

Loose motion pro throttle cables
« on: September 19, 2021, 07:42:37 pm »
So I just put some 12” taco bars on and got some extended cables from motion pro. The clutch is perfect but the throttle cables worry me, the clamp that was included with the pull cable just doesn’t seem to keep the cable sleeves in place inside of the control housing. Is this a big deal or can I let it be? If it is a big deal does anyone have any solutions?

Offline DBor

Re: Loose motion pro throttle cables
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 01:37:59 pm »
Has anyone got back to you on this? Having the same issue and reluctant to continue working on the bike if i need to change out cables again.

Offline DrM

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 04:36:06 pm »
I haven't had to do this myself, but here is a page from the Bolt Service Manual that may help you.  You have two adjustment location (one on the upper part of the Throttle cable(s), and the other on the lower part of the Throttle cables. Looks like you might need to adjust both upper and lower adjusters.  I suspect you can't leave out the adjusters.

• Advertisement

Offline DBor

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 05:36:59 pm »
I appreciate the response. Not sure about the original poster, I have tried messing with the tension on both the upper and lower. The inner cable is not the issue however (to my knowledge) the end of the cable casing that inserts to the throttle body just does not seat well and the retaining latch fails to hold it tight. The cable will not pull out, the cable casing just has a suspicious about of free play where it connects to the throttle on the handlebars. Maybe we are doing something wrong, maybe it's just the way these cables are and do not seat well, or maybe the are the wrong size, no clue. Again cannot thank you enough for the response though. I will mess with it more and see if you are on to something!  :D

Offline Bestmengqin

Velazquez took on the tournament for The Green Bay Packers
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 01:34:20 am »
Lake Stevens high schooler wins the national 'Madden 22 coins Football' title.Lake Stevens -- Calling the kicks and making the important plays has the 16-year old Jair Velazquez getting acclaim from the field of football virtual.

The month before, using an Xbox controller from the bedroom of his son, Velazquez almost a year old who attends Lake Stevens High School, took home the North American Scholastic Esports Association's spring 2021 national championship "Madden NFL 21" the latest version in the game's long running football videos.

Simply saying he'll win could be underestimating Velazquez's performance. He dominated. "I simply swept cleanly everyone," the teen said. After a six-week regular league that started in early march, Velazquez made it to the semifinals with the best seed and quickly dominated his opponents to reach the final game.

On the 23rd of April it took less than the hour Velazquez to sweep the best-of-5 finals and win the championship. Internet glitches and a younger brother provided more adversity than his competitors.

Despite his origins as a Lake Stevens Viking, Velazquez took on the tournament for The Green Bay Packers. MVP footballer Aaron Rodgers and star wide receiver Davante Adams, together with buy Mut 22 coins the team's fast pace that made the game flawless, Velazquez said.

Offline ShakerNorm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 11:27:22 pm »
Punted....
NOBODY hates winter more than a Canadian Biker!