Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: Place to get 2" fork extensions?  (Read 662 times)

Offline jtice

Place to get 2" fork extensions?
« on: July 14, 2021, 02:05:40 pm »
Trying to get the pegs to scrape less, its by far my only real complaint about this bike.
I have the S&S forward controls, that helped just a bit. I regret not getting the other brand that had the ones that were even more forward,, Low something? They no longer make them :(

I have a set of the Baron 1" rear shock risers on the way, once I try those, I might want to also add the 2" fork extensions, but I cant seem to find them.

Offline Redbeard89

Re: Place to get 2" fork extensions?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 02:22:26 pm »
The SS forwards and 1 inch taller shocks in the rear definitely helped not scrape as much. The only fork extensions that I know of are from a shop in Australia. https://www.justifiedcruisercustoms.com.au/xvs650-fork-tube-extensions~741
Bolts n' Hoes

Offline jtice

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 03:33:14 pm »
Jebus, these are like 60 bucks for other bikes, and there was a group buy on here a few years ago for even less.
Hope I dont need them and just the rear shock 1" rise will be enough to not scrape., I just worry about it messing up the rake and handling.

• Advertisement

Offline Redbeard89

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 08:24:33 am »
Welcome to the Bolt world, where everything was available and cheaper years ago, now it's scarce and insanely expensive if you even find what you're looking for. They're great motorcycles and I love mine, but the aftermarket supply is not what I hoped it would be.

I've thought about going to a local machine shop and seeing what they could do with some extensions, but I figured it would probably be just as expensive for a one off part like that.

I snagged a pair of Hagon shocks for mine, which are one inch taller than the stocks, and they have been great. The height increase is nice for my tall ass, and I don't have any issues with handling from that. If anything, I think it handles better because I feel more comfortable while riding.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you do extend the front, you will most likely need to extend the kickstand as well. Or carry a piece of 2x4 around with you.
Bolts n' Hoes

Offline jtice

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 08:31:48 am »
Yea I never saw a whole lot of aftermarket for the bike when I got it, and now seems to be even less.
Thats a shame, like you said, they are great bikes, the peg scraping has been my only real complaint with the bike.
My rear shock 1" risers are due today, hope the weather lets me try them out this weekend.
I noticed when I cranked the rear shock preload all the way up it helped ever so slightly with not scraping as much, so even more should help.

How do the Hagon shocks ride compared to the stock ones?
Have a link to the ones you used?