Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: 2017 yamaha bolt r spec  (Read 602 times)

Offline Downergilbert

2017 yamaha bolt r spec
« on: June 17, 2021, 09:50:00 am »
2017 yamaha bolt r spec

Basically brand new. It has over 2k in upgrades under 700 miles on odometer. Fresh oil at 600 miles. new tags and I have the pink I just don’t ride enough. Garage kept. No test rides without cash in hand. Located in Southern California

Upgrades

Bassani full exhaust
Saddlemen seat
Vance and Hines intake
Zombie performance 10in T- bars
Ivan flash
Custom turn signals
Fairing
Bar bag
Biltwell helmet
Bike cover

More Information

Offline DrM

Re: 2017 yamaha bolt r spec
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 06:37:13 pm »
Your ambitious, I'll give you that.  And I wish you luck on selling your bike.

But to put some perspective into your offering -- in 2019 I paid less than you are asking for a brand new 2019 R-spec still in the crate, and that included all the dealer add-ons like shipping charges, assembly charges, taxes, etc.  And I subsequently paid out more than $1500 for aftermarket parts, all of which I installed myself.  I suspect my labor is worth another $1500.  Yet the best price I could probably get for it is the "blue book dealer price of around $6800.   

All those things we add to our bike are not really improvements -- they are "personalizations," making it personal to our self, but not likely personal to anyone else.  So we don't normally recover our cost for such add-ons.  And your bike has been sitting there for nearly five years with rubber (tires) and plastic parts slowly disintegrating and aging.   

But you do have to start price negotiations somewhere, so I guess where you started is as good as any.

Offline E

Re: 2017 yamaha bolt r spec
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 01:06:41 pm »
I agree with DrM post above (i see another Bike in your Garage pic - i suggest a More Artsy picture(s) of Bolt for Sale)
$5950.00 for 2017 Bolt r-spec, 2k miles is my opinion of a Good Deal for both Parties
Customizing my 2016 Bolt r-spec .... i have Narrowed the LIST (enhanced ?) of potential buyers
Of course , MY position is my customization MAKES My Bolt MORE Desirable than Stock Bolt or Most other Bolts
Only those with GOOD Taste would agree - ha,ha and LIKE it (those whom want there Own customizing may disagree)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 01:08:40 pm by E »
E - 1st John 4:10