Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: WTB: intake, fwd controls, Koso speedometer(silver ringed)  (Read 1314 times)

Offline KevinK121

WTB: intake, fwd controls, Koso speedometer(silver ringed)
« on: March 23, 2021, 01:33:03 pm »

Just as clear as that :)

I feel like the prices of these things, other than maybe the speedometer, are silly high so I'm choosing to see whats out there used.

Thanks in advance!

More Information

Offline E

Re: WTB: intake, fwd controls, Koso speedometer(silver ringed)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 02:31:03 pm »
WTB ? ...... that is clear ?
Ebay for NEW koso speedometer - mine has silver ring which i think looks more expensive / nice - it matches surround Bolts and gas cap
K&N cold air intake on my 2016 BOLT  - i am 2nd owner, it came with it - i like the DESIGN K&N did , matching 3 SLOTS and performance numbers on this Cold Air Intake too (my right knee has gotten use to just missing the edge of Intake, i heard even with STOCK Intake this is an issue ......only going fast around highway corner, THEN i would wish i could hug bike with knees and MISS the Intake
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:34:41 pm by E »
E - 1st John 4:10

Offline KevinK121

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 03:08:55 pm »
In forum culture its generally understood that WTB means "want to buy" :)

I am looking at the K&N intake though. That and the Kuryakyn 9519 Velociraptor which looks a little smaller for not much more money.

• Advertisement

Offline DrM

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 04:35:16 pm »
Just My opinion:

Air intake: All naked air intakes are going to hiss more, which might annoy you more than you might think.  I think they all use a K&N filter.  I think all of them also can be covered with a Harley air cleaner cover or bell to attenuate the hiss.  I use a Cobra air intake as a more economical solution.

Koso meter: Big waste of money in my opinion. I was never so disappointed in a product, but some riders love them.

Forward controls:  This one is essential for taller riders.  I like the SS Custom cycles 6" forward set, which is what I have on my bike.  I believe it is also the lowest cost and worth waiting for, as it tends to go out of stock often.

Offline YAMAHAULER1

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 10:07:44 pm »
 Hi K121, Not for sale but I have Kury Velo works well, Hiss is there but only notice at idle standing next to intake. also have L&M highway bar simple design. Check my profile pics.

Offline KevinK121

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 01:16:30 pm »
Just My opinion:

Air intake: All naked air intakes are going to hiss more, which might annoy you more than you might think.  I think they all use a K&N filter.  I think all of them also can be covered with a Harley air cleaner cover or bell to attenuate the hiss.  I use a Cobra air intake as a more economical solution.

Koso meter: Big waste of money in my opinion. I was never so disappointed in a product, but some riders love them.

Forward controls:  This one is essential for taller riders.  I like the SS Custom cycles 6" forward set, which is what I have on my bike.  I believe it is also the lowest cost and worth waiting for, as it tends to go out of stock often.

My goal for the intake is just to have something a little smaller and less ugly. Which seems to be hard to satisfy with what most of the market has to offer lol... I painted my stock cover and it looks a lot better to me now. Ill likely leave it rather than shell out $200 plus right now.

Thats a bummer to hear on the Koso meter. My real allure to it is having an actual tach. I spose if I hate it, I did buy it on amazon and can likely return it.
What was it that you hated about it? I know theyre a bit laggy on being an accurate speedometer.

I think I found a guy selling a used kit from some guy who makes them in Holland. For roughly $100, Im gonna give it a shot.

Thanks for the info/feedback.

Hi K121, Not for sale but I have Kury Velo works well, Hiss is there but only notice at idle standing next to intake. also have L&M highway bar simple design. Check my profile pics.

Hows it fit compared to OEM? Out of everything Ive seen so far this looks to be the smallest and least ugly thing out there. How does the size compare to the stock box? Is it less in the way of your leg?

Offline DrM

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 02:43:42 pm »
... snip ...

... snip ...
Thats a bummer to hear on the Koso meter. My real allure to it is having an actual tach. I spose if I hate it, I did buy it on amazon and can likely return it.
What was it that you hated about it? I know theyre a bit laggy on being an accurate speedometer.

... snip ...

... snip ...
Koso meter just didn't work as advertised.  Appeared to be a returned item, maybe damaged.

Offline Tsza

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 09:04:09 am »
The Koso meter is great.  It displays the info that the oem one should have in the first place.
I have one and think it is a great addition to the bike.
Perhaps don't take the advice of someone who got a broken one.

Offline Gr8

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 01:52:45 am »
Hey man,
I have a Koso speedometer that i am thinking of playing from. Sent you a pm if your are still in the market for it.

Thanks.

Offline Sattes

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 03:16:13 pm »
In forum culture its generally understood that WTB means "want to buy" :)

I am looking at the K&N intake though. That and the Kuryakyn 9519 Velociraptor which looks a little smaller for not much more money.

That's the ticket.  I like that one too.