Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: Biltwell Keystone Bars and the Mini Fairing  (Read 893 times)

Offline A Scamm

Biltwell Keystone Bars and the Mini Fairing
« on: February 24, 2021, 08:26:46 pm »
Does anyone have these installed together? I can't seem to get them to fit together due to cable tightness and routing. Before I dump money for some longer cables, was anyone able to make these work? Advice/Pics would be great, thanks!

Online joko

Re: Biltwell Keystone Bars and the Mini Fairing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 09:01:12 pm »
For reference, I have tcbros slant z bars and was able to use the stock cables, but they were pretty much at their limit, especially the throttle cables.  Looks like they're about 4.5 inches more narrow than the keystones.  I also had to disconnect the brake cable from the fender and pull the bars in a little because of the mini fairing and that stretched them a bit more.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/tcbros-1-slant-z-handlebars-chrome.html

You might find some threads on here where someone's been able to make that work, but just thinking about it I think you might have a problem w/ the throttle cables.  I know there's some threads on here that talk about rerouting the cables to get a little more slack so do a quick search on that.

Offline A Scamm

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 12:56:00 am »
Thanks joko. Extended cables aren’t cheap, so maybe re-routing these will give it the slack it’ll need

• Advertisement

Offline A Scamm

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 03:28:32 pm »
I was able to fit the bars with the fairing on. The bars need to be slightly pulled back, but the cables didn't give me any issues. Came out great. I'll post some pictures a bit later.