Welcome to the Yamaha Star Bolt Motorcycle Forum

Why join our motorcycle community?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support and information for your Yamaha Star Bolt motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to register  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!

Author Topic: Hello From PA  (Read 534 times)

Offline dbking321

Hello From PA
« on: July 31, 2020, 01:10:35 pm »
Hello All,

Just picked up my new to me bolt-r last Saturday. I am excited to be back on a bike since it has been about 3 years since i have ridden one.  I found a 2014 that is in great shape that has a Vance and Hines exhaust and intake already installed. It is currently running a PVC 5, it runs good but defiantly could be tweaked. I am debating trying the WA bolt MAP that has been loaded to the site. From reading through the form it seems Ivans is the way go to but the wife wont give me the approval for the extra $.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:09:34 am by dbking321 »

Offline E

Re: Hello From PA
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 11:20:51 am »
Looks Nice - i like that shade of Green with black stripe
KOSO speed-tach- what Gear your in upgrade is what i suggest - although Ebay NEW is $288+ (KOSO web $365)
it is about 1/4 smaller in diameter- a bummer, but you get use to it - and you can have 8 or so color backgrounds
i like knowing what GEAR i am in - and i like the Tach, rpm
E - 1st John 4:10

Offline TerminalVelocity

Re: Hello From PA
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 05:42:43 pm »
I think it's a great looking bike. Do you have a mod on your foot controls too? They look like they're in forward position, which was a mod I had done and feel that it rides much more comfortably. The Ivan's flash is simple, and a one time cost. I'm glad I did it- my MC was backfiring pretty often before I did.
-Keep riding. That solves most problems.

Drew.